Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Addergoole Forum - View topic - Fireborn

Fireborn 
School Staff

Post Fireborn
As those of you on Twitter already know the efiction book club did a Showcase Saturday thing this weekend. People tweeted them their online fiction and they prepared a post listing them.

One of the works on this list was "Fireborn" by WyldDandelyon in which "A windborn girl and her mom face their heritage while seeking a secret mage". (Link is to the index post). It's an intriguing and exciting serialised fantasy novel which is currently up to chapter eleven. I'm currently sitting here muttering about how she needs to post the next chapter already because I need to know what happens next.

So, yeah, go and read it. :-D

Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Elder Ellehemaei

Post Re: Fireborn
I read it as well & enjoyed it, although it's a little more YA than I tend to like.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:18 am
Profile WWW
School Staff

I hadn't really noticed it was YA, but I suppose it is.

One odd thing about me - I never read YA when I was in that demographic (unless you count my eternal adoration for Alan Garner). Now I'm 37 I seem to read it a lot more. Well some of it. :D

Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
The Author

I red more YA in my 20's than I did in my teens. Now I have a hard time finding time to read anything, though right now I'm reading The Annotated Alice.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:49 pm
Elder Ellehemaei

A recent young adult novel I read is Sabriel which was not bad. I just generally think these books could be awesomer if they were for adults e.g. Harry Potter later novels with more death and gore? Way better than the first.

Oh damn, I'm off topic again.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:08 pm
Profile WWW