Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Addergoole Forum - View topic - MOarrr! on line serials!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
MOarrr! on line serials! 
Beta Reader

Post Re: MOarrr! on line serials!
Oh! You'd like Tinker, although it does have a number of romance elements. It's a setting in which a chunk of Pittsburgh is transported to an alternate universe populated with elves and magic every month or so. Magic is a really complicated kind of physics in a lot of ways, and many of the elves are hot, and she drawn on "fey" traditions from around the globe. It won awards. Wolf Who Riles picks up right where the first one left off.

Hrm. If I could figure out a way to get the books back at Christmas, I'd bring them. Would that be feasible? I'd be up in the city.

And yeah, she does write a very interesting range of stuff, what with sci-fi space stuff in Endless Blue.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:14 am
The Author

I would be sure to get them back to you at Christmas, promise. Even Christmas 2009.

~Lyn, wanting more books.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:23 am
Beta Reader

I believe I can arrange things. Excellent.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:26 am
demigod

Eseme wrote:
and A Brother's Price with the distopian virus-killed-off-nearly-all-the-men and we-live-in-the-wild-west setting which I knew you'd like.

Sounds like the graphic novel Y: The Last Man, which is fantastic and very funny. :)

"There will be an occasional happy, so that it might be
crushed under the boot of the writer." - Tim Minear

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:50 am
Profile WWW
The Author

Loosely the same (have read both), functionally very very different; Brother's Price is sort of a wild west with some pseudo-medieval elements, with the gender roles swapped.

Lyn, who doesn't like that sort of thing at all. Really.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:47 pm
The Author

Links page updated. I added:

314 Crescent Manor, by PinkBagels

The Dragon Wars, by Shutsumon

Kyrus Talain & [urlhttp://bit.ly/80Y4QW]Eclipse Court[/url], by Vryka, who happens to be Shirley Meier, who wrote at least two of the books on my shelf.

~Lyn

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:36 am
Teacher

While AG was on hiatus, I found and fell in love with this: http://www.drunkduck.com/I_Was_Kidnapped_By_Lesbian_Pirates_From_Outer_Space/index.php

It's a webcomic, old school comic style, satirical, about a secretary who gets kidnapped by lesbian pirates from outer space and it's hilarious.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:29 pm
Third Cohort

Not sure if anyone has already linked to these, but I like the stories on the site "Require: Cookie". It's been a bit sporadic with it's updates lately, but these things happen, and it is still updating :)
http://requirecookie.com/

The main story is a bit of a geek's story, just a warning. Also has a few graphic descriptions (I think more towards the end than at the beginning)

And another school-themed story - Eastridge Academy: School for Adventurers found at http://www.schoolforadventurers.com/index.html is a good read. It'd be g-rated (nothing I wouldn't let my little sister read in there).

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 am
demigod

I have no idea if it is linked on here or not but I just spent... I stayed up until 2am last night reading through the entire current archive of Starwalker so yeah.

Short summary: It is about a sentient spaceship!

Long summary: It... oh go read it. http://starwalkerblog.com

~ Enthusiastically Unstable; Eloquently Retrotech ~

A font of occasional and specific wisdom.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:09 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6