Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Addergoole Forum - View topic - MOarrr! on line serials!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
MOarrr! on line serials! 
Second Cohort

Post Re: MOarrr! on line serials!
Exactly the reason for the rule. You just end up getting eaten by zombies that are on fire. Which lights you on fire... while being eaten...

How did we end up on zombies again? And why do have a sudden urge to keep a shot gun close by?

Sebashi - Does not have a shotgun closeby.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:28 pm
Minor Deity

Oh, suuuure you don't...

But we'll drop the zombie thing, for Lyn's benefit; it would be hard for her to run away on account of how difficult it is to open doors. :)

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:30 pm
demigod

Lyn Thorne-Alder wrote:
Because I. Hate. Zombies.

*shuddering unpleasantly in the corner for quite a while, thankyouverymuch*

~Lyn, who hates zombies

Thank goodness, another zombie-hater! Zombies/skeletons/undead YUCK. No thanks.

"There will be an occasional happy, so that it might be
crushed under the boot of the writer." - Tim Minear

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
The Author

Skeletons don't bother me too much, but rotting flesh... eeech!

I once dated a boi who had a thing for necrotic flesh. Thank all the gods, it was, like my ex-furry-boyfriend, a theoretical/fictional "thing," rather than an active desire to, say, go play with corpses.

Though playing in a cemetery... hrmm, wrong thread.

Corpses = eeew. Corpses that can touch me - eww squared.

~Lyn, serious about this hating zombies thing

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:56 pm
Second Cohort

HEY!!!!

Since this tread was about reading... I will try to re-derail it... back towards the rails, that more or less went to the station called "Read This Cool Stuff".

I read a couple books I think this crowd would like. These are all offered free on line as downloads. By free I mean the Author put them out for free on purpose.

1. Sullivan’s Travels by d. p. murphy http://www.lulu.com/content/283137 A very fun and fast paced read. I found the story original, entertaining, and very good escapism. It's kind of a space opera/fantasy/love story with sentient alien space ships that remind you of cute puppy dogs. Only with more explosions.

2 Seaborn by Chris Howard http://www.saltwaterwitch.com/ He also has a web serial I have not tried yet. The story is dark, ruthless, and yet LOTS of fun. This readership would love it.

Sebashi - Trying to talk about books again

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:06 pm
The Author

Yay, we like books better than we like zombies!

Most of the books I read are print books - Jim Butcher, Elizabeth Bear, Terry Pratchett, to name a few.

Any one of those three is worth a read if you haven't.

~Lyn, bibliophile

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:33 pm
Beta Reader

Oh, Wen Spencer's latest one finally came out in paperback. Endless Blue is about a very odd ... place ... that spaceships warp to when things go wrong. And the ocean, and angels. And genetic manipulation and owning other people. It's darn brillian, I read all 500 pages or so Friday night, was up til 3:30 AM.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:30 am
The Author

Is Wen Spencer the one with the things and the stuff?

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:22 am
Beta Reader

The one with the Ukiah Oregon series with the very cool and scary-concept aliens, Tinker and the cool elves, and A Brother's Price with the distopian virus-killed-off-nearly-all-the-men and we-live-in-the-wild-west setting which I knew you'd like.

That one. Endless Blue is somewhat more science-y, but still very god on character interaction.

there is a sequel to Tinker called Wolf Who Rules and I may have moved before I had time to lend that one. Hrmmmmmmm.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:36 am
The Author

I don't think I've read Tinker. And I'm not sure I realized Ukiah Oregon & Brother's Price were the same person ("thing with the stuff" in this case referred to "Lyn doesn't read romance novels. Really!")

Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:51 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next