Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Addergoole Forum - View topic - Soliciting opinions for a new serial

Soliciting opinions for a new serial 
The Author

Post Soliciting opinions for a new serial
On my Dreamwidth and Livejournals, I have opened up discussion of my next serial.

The plan is for an episodic, season-based one-year run, with an option for renewal for a second year, and one long episode a week for 52 weeks.

Currently winning the running are:
[*] Space Opera, possibly in my Space-accountant setting
[*] Addergoole Year 9, following the 25 students in the 9th cohort
[*] Steampunk in my Reiassan setting, possibly a magical academy.

I urge you to comment here or there on what you'd like to see in a new LTA (that's me) serial.

Cheers,

~Lyn

Mon May 21, 2012 4:34 pm
Teacher

Post Re: Soliciting opinions for a new serial
I admit to being unfamiliar with both your Space-accountant and Reiassan settings and to having no idea what Facets of Dusk is about, so I'm leaning towards Addergoole Year 9 by default. Although I could be persuaded otherwise if you care to point me towards examples of your works in those settings so I can get an idea what they're all about.

The f-to-m genderswap idea sounds interesting, although I don't know how that would work in an Addergoole setting...

Tue May 22, 2012 7:28 am
The Author

Gudy wrote:
I admit to being unfamiliar with both your Space-accountant and Reiassan settings and to having no idea what Facets of Dusk is about, so I'm leaning towards Addergoole Year 9 by default. Although I could be persuaded otherwise if you care to point me towards examples of your works in those settings so I can get an idea what they're all about.

The f-to-m genderswap idea sounds interesting, although I don't know how that would work in an Addergoole setting...

Space Accountant Landing Page

Reiassan is trickier... let's see what I've got.

Reiassan Landing Page, and specifically
Planning and Road Map To...

(Most of Reiassan is set in an earlier period, about 1000-1200 years before the Steam period.)

And, since you asked (sort of) everything I've written off-page on Addergoole and everything on the wider 'verse of Fae Apoc.

I could do f-to-m genderswap in most of my 'verses, though it would be tricky in Space Accountant or Reiassan.

~Lyn~

Tue May 22, 2012 12:41 pm
Teacher

Thanks for the Fae Apoc links - something to read when Addergoole isn't updating is always welcome. :-)

Steampunk Reiassan doesn't do much for me at this point, and neither does what I've seen of Original Reiassan.

I am, on the other hand, completely in love with Space Accountant and its characters. I'm not entirely sure that love would easily extend to something in that setting that didn't involve Genique and that motley crew of pirates, though. So my preference would be, in that order

1. Space Accountant with Genique and the pirates.
2. Addergoole Year 9.
3. Space Opera other than 1.
4. Facets of Dusk, on the assumption that it's part of the Fae Apoc world.
5. Steampunk Reiassan.

Wed May 23, 2012 9:29 am