Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Addergoole Forum - View topic - 100 Episode Party!

100 Episode Party! 
Beta Reader

Post 100 Episode Party!
So, Arkham Horror ate my yesterday. It apparently does that.

Party! Two yeas of Addergoole, 100 episodes!

Munchies!

I'll toss out my favorite salsa recipe, which is more of a "throw this stuff together and taste." This is best made in summer when the ingredients are fresh, but what is a summer crop up here in the North may well be available now in the southern hemisphere, or in just two or three months in places farther south. Edit, now experimenting to make the list work...

Green Salsa
  • Tomatillos - I start gathering ingredients when these first show up at a local farmers' market
  • Green bell peppers - just one or two, you want more tomatillos than peppers
  • Scallions
  • Hot peppers that happen to be green - the exact type is highly dependent on how spicy you want this, from jalapenos to banana peppers
  • Herbs - traditionally this is cilantro, but since that's not my favorite herb I have successfully replaced a bunch of it with mint and had great flavor
  • Lime juice
  • Salt

Chop and then throw in a food processor or blender. This makes a very fresh tasting salsa, and it is very green.

There, now we've got virtual munchies!

Welcome to the party!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:27 am
Teacher

Post Re: 100 Episode Party!
Looking quizzically at the dip on my cornchip...what's a tomatillo?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Teacher

Ask the person next to me, "Is this going to be hot or so hot I should have a drink in my other hand?"

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:20 am
Profile WWW
The Author

Nah, Eseme made it. If Elasmo had made it, you might have to worry

Tomatillas are a Mexican fruit that look a little bit like a green tomato. I've never had one but I hear they make good salsa.

Hrmm. Margaritas. Ever seen a Lynnie drunk on margaritas? *giggle*

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:41 pm
Beta Reader

Quote:
Hrmm. Margaritas. Ever seen a Lynnie drunk on margaritas? *giggle*

No, but there is a first time for everything!

Quote:
Ask the person next to me, "Is this going to be hot or so hot I should have a drink in my other hand?"

*smiles and hands you more chips*

If I make it, not so hot. If you go find the ingredients and combine them in any way you like.... as hot as you like! When I make it, it tastes very fresh and green, and has a bit of a spice just to accentuate the other flavors.

You can google tomatillo and get photos - they are pretty and grow inside these paper-y skins (you take those off before making salsa). And they are a bit sticky.

Hrm, we need music. Anyone want to start an Addergoole playlist?

*Turns on Melissa Etheridge - "Come to My Window" which seems to fit Addergoole in terms of obsession and I-can't-live-without-you lyrics.*

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:10 pm
Minor Deity

They're good! The salsa ingredients, I mean. But, come to think of it, also Lynnies drunk on margaritas.

And my salsa isn't that hot... I don't even use ghost chilis. Just habanero. :)

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:10 pm
Beta Reader

The salsa ingredients are good, and can easily be adjusted up in terms of heat (just no red hot peppers, they mess up the color - stick with green or yellow).

*makes note to take VERY small samples of Elasmo Salsa*

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:13 pm
Minor Deity

I'll toss in a small selection from my own Addergoole-themed playlist. Limiting it to a dozen songs for now.

"Taking Over Me" - Evanescence
"Promises in the Dark" - Pat Benatar
"Real World" - The All-American Rejects
"Bleed For Me" - Saliva
"Misery Business" - Paramore
"Sunset Boulevard" - ALW
"Eyes Like Twins" - Wilson Phillips
"Change" - Taylor Swift
"Leave Out All the Rest" - Linkin Park
"Princes of the Universe" - Queen
"Burn It to the Ground" - Nickelback
"Spotlight" - Mutemath