Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Addergoole Forum - View topic - Alternate Histories

Alternate Histories 
The Author

Post Alternate Histories
((Why, no, I'm not trying to distract the roleplayers while Elasmo & Kittybear are on vacation, not at all))

Blame TheLadyIsUgly for sending me to more Harry Potter fanfics, but I've been pondering the idea of alternate histories of the FaeApoc world.

This is trickier, to some extent, than PotterVerse or BuffyVerse, because Harry Potter & Buffy Summers literally shape their universes by their existences. While Sheen, Kai, & Jamian may do so in the future, they don't now.

On the other hand, in a 100-person school, everyone shapes everything. So, within the contained universe of Addergoole, it's easier to change history.

((not so easy with Wild Ones' Blood...))

What would an alternate-universe Addergoole look like?

Alternately, what's the Addergoole version of Lily-and-James stories? Or Growing Up Potter next-generation stories?

((Addergoole already has its version of Kirk/Spock))

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:19 pm
demigod

Post Re: Alternate Histories
Lily-and-James stories?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
The Author

tenaciousN wrote:
Lily-and-James stories?

A lot of PotterVerse fanfic is set back in the days of Potter's parents' time in school.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:26 pm
demigod

*facepalm*

Can you tell I'm not into Harry Potter?

"There will be an occasional happy, so that it might be
crushed under the boot of the writer." - Tim Minear

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Archivist

Well, we have Ambrus-era and post-Apoc, which are the two obvious past and future things.

Now I want to write one of those cracktastic fanfics - you know, the ones where Harry is kidnapped by Sirius and Lupin and grows up loved, adored and protected with Hermione, Draco and Ron as adopted foster siblings?

Only in this case I think I'd have (someone) steal Jamian, Kai and Shahin and have them grow up as adorable adopted foster siblings.

With double extra special powers, of course.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:34 pm
The Author

Someone, someone... oh that could go either way in such entertaining ways. Someone evil does it and they grow up twisted, dark, and ruthless. Someone good does it and they grow up ... beautiful.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:36 pm
Archivist

Exactly! Plus the evil option leaves open the evil-seducing-mentor trope, once they've hit puberty.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:41 pm
The Author

Oh, gods, that reminds me of the first time I ran Cali... and we ended up fast forwarding far enough in the future that the first kidnapee and his former-owner-now-wife had late-teens triplets, and said triplets...

...um. There's incest involved, should I stop?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:43 pm
Archivist

Mm, I've RPed some twins in my time... but I'm not sure about the squick levels of the general audience, so perhaps, perhaps.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:45 pm
The Author

Oh, okay. *falls quiet* So! Their parents shaped them a lot. They'd be a lot different raised by... whom?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:01 pm