Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Addergoole Forum - View topic - State of the Serial 2011

State of the Serial 2011 
The Author

Post State of the Serial 2011
Hello and greetings!

As a new year begins, I thought I'd spend a few minutes pestering you and letting you know where Addergoole's heading.

At this typing, Book Seven: Pack of Cards has just begun posting, after a 2-week December Hiatus. That wasn't quite long enough for us this time - co-writer Elasmo is in the midst of moving, so writing has slowed down a bit over the holiday season. Thus, we're going to have a mini-hiatus from February 6-12.

A webpage rebuild is about 75% done; it's my goal to have that done by the end of hiatus.

We've begun a continuity edit; I'd like to get one edited chapter up a week, starting next week. Mostly this is fixing small things (number of students in classes, etc.) that have changed since I started writing Addergoole nearly 3 years ago.

After the edit is done, I'm hoping to put together an e-book of the first three books. This will, hopefully, include character art. I'm still looking into options for that, but I have a while: goal for the e-book is mid-July, 2011.

I've been asking your opinions on some things. I asked what you wanted to see more of, and you told me... everything, but mainly more chapters/week.

Some interesting comments include
*a request for merchandise (goal on T-shirts is April 15, 2011)
*more post-apoc (sure! Check out the forum thread on bonus stories)
[*here

I asked where you wanted me to spend the money you give us.
I think you like us! I'll spend the donation money between:
*More online advertising (27%)
*Art for the site (19%)
*Editing for the e-book (28%)
*Dinner for Elasmo, me, and our patient spouses (thank you!) (26%)[/ul]
Speaking of that, my donation goal for January is $150. A matching pledge for the first $50 means that we're currently at $90. Your donations, ladies, gents, and others, are what keeps Addergoole running. If you enjoy the story, please considering throwing in a couple dollars.

In the spirit of following the requests, for ever $15 donated during January, I'll post a character or world description; for every $50 we reach, I'll post an extra chapter (that means we're $5 from getting 2 extra chapters!).

Going forward, I'm thinking of changing the donation-goal incentive again. People earn enough #Stamps to buy bonus stories outright easily enough, the donation goal was rarely and randomly met throughout the year. I'm thinking $5 for world/character description, $25 for an extra chapter/week.

If you want to see more of something, I've been throwing some polls up lately. Let us know who or what you want more of by participating in the polls, send me an e-mail, or leave a comment. I like to be pretty accessible, and hope that I succeed.

I look forward to a year full of happy doom. Will Shahin or Emrys end up Owning each other? Will Melchior challenge Ty for Jamian? Will Kailani confront her Mentor about the secrecy of the school? What are Regine's plans? Join us as we find out!

Paypal link!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 am