Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Addergoole Forum - View topic - Chapter 73: Shahin

Chapter 73: Shahin 
The Author

Post Chapter 73: Shahin
<3?

~Lyn

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:06 am
demigod

Post Re: Chapter 73: Shahin
Oh man, hope we get to see the Kai/Conrad/Tolly convo in the next round, if their bit isn't interrupted by Caspian.

That aside, OH SHIT DRAGON.

And things were going so well for once.... ;-)

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:27 am
Profile WWW
demigod

That was so well done. I think that is the first time I've had that setup (someone sees something over PoV's shoulder, PoV turns around, sees thing) where on step 3 I have actually semi-flipped out because I TOTALLY WASN'T EXPECTING IT.

Of course I feel kind of dumb for not expecting it because I mean we know a dragon is wandering the halls but... yeah. Also, the description of Caspian was great.

~ Enthusiastically Unstable; Eloquently Retrotech ~

A font of occasional and specific wisdom.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:52 am
Teacher

But did we expect Caspian to come out of hiding with a hunting war party on his trail?
(And was that the equivalent of kidnapping a princess?)

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Teacher

capriox wrote:
OH SHIT DRAGON.

That seems like a fair summary of this chapter, yes. :-)

I'm not sure quite what to think of Tolly, though. I mean, true, within the Addergoole framework, knowingly offering yourself up to be Owned is pretty much the most extreme form of asking for forgiveness/trying to make things better that you can do. But still, I'd have liked him more if he had asked Kailani what she wants/needs/requires of him.

That aside,
capriox wrote:
Oh man, hope we get to see the Kai/Conrad/Tolly convo in the next round, if their bit isn't interrupted by Caspian.
YES!

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:56 am
demigod

Rix wrote:
But did we expect Caspian to come out of hiding with a hunting war party on his trail?
(And was that the equivalent of kidnapping a princess?)

Aw dammit now I'm thinking of Caspian as Bowser. Why does Addergoole-related stuff keep reminding me of Bowser lately?! xD

~ Enthusiastically Unstable; Eloquently Retrotech ~

A font of occasional and specific wisdom.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:37 pm
Archivist

Meep, dragon.

That is all.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:38 pm
Archivist

That wasn't actually all.

So, Tolly is a dork. A Luke-mentored, old-fashioned, knights and princesses and honor dork. I officially like him and think he is adorkable.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:15 pm
Minor Deity

Quote:
A Luke-mentored, old-fashioned, knights and princesses and honor dork

He even used the old-fashioned ceremonial phrasing... which he learned from Luke. :)

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:18 pm
Teacher

Gudy wrote:
I'm not sure quite what to think of Tolly, though. I mean, true, within the Addergoole framework, knowingly offering yourself up to be Owned is pretty much the most extreme form of asking for forgiveness/trying to make things better that you can do. But still, I'd have liked him more if he had asked Kailani what she wants/needs/requires of him.

Exactly my thoughts. But I have to say I do tend towards forgiving him. You know, as a reader whose opinion wouldn't matter to the protagonists and thus couldn't re-victimise anyone if stated. :roll:

Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:11 pm