Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Addergoole Forum - View topic - Chapter 47: Kailani

Chapter 47: Kailani 
The Author

Post Chapter 47: Kailani
~L

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:50 am
Archivist

Post Re: Chapter 47: Kailani
I really enjoy the Thorne girls. They strike of as one of the most honest sets of folks we've met so far, moreso than any of our heroes' friends. Not nice-honest, but honest.

Is she going to have a meeting with Regine soon, or was it skimmed over? I'm refering to this passage from Chapter 20. "Kailani had returned to Regine’s office and accepted her invitation to be her Mentor. Regine’s answer had been a curt, unsurprised nod, and a meeting scheduled for Monday evening. She had promised Kailani answers. She intended to go to the meeting prepared with questions."

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:09 am
The Author

Wysteria wrote:
Is she going to have a meeting with Regine soon, or was it skimmed over? I'm referring to this passage from Chapter 20. "Kailani had returned to Regine’s office and accepted her invitation to be her Mentor. Regine’s answer had been a curt, unsurprised nod, and a meeting scheduled for Monday evening. She had promised Kailani answers. She intended to go to the meeting prepared with questions."

Hunh.... whoops! Thanks for catching that. I'll have to figure out what to do with that now!

~Lyn

*two stamps to Wysteria for continuity catch*

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:29 am
Beta Reader

Good catch indeed!

I also like the Thorne Girls for their honesty. But I keep wondering if they are the three blond girls who attacked Kai in the first book, or if that was a different group who is still out there harassing students and we just don't hear about them.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:41 am
The Author

Eseme wrote:
I also like the Thorne Girls for their honesty. But I keep wondering if they are the three blond girls who attacked Kai in the first book, or if that was a different group who is still out there harassing students and we just don't hear about them.

They're the same group.:

Quote:
"Move," the girl demanded again, but she wasn't talking to Kai.

"Leave her alone, Acacia."

Though I'm not sure where everyone (not just you!) is getting the impression that they're blonde.

~Lyn

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:49 am
Minor Deity

Quote:
Though I'm not sure where everyone (not just you!) is getting the impression that they're blonde.

Because you called Acacia blonde when Kylie first met her (2/2/2009), when she was picking on Joff in Biology. I believe Sima is a brunette, and Allyse's initial description at least didn't say.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:33 am
The Author

Okay, that explains why you think she's blonde. Though I have no idea why I did that.

We'll call Allyse a brunette, too, otherwise we have the Charlie's Angels of Addergoole.

~L

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 am
Third Cohort

I'm looking forward to more Thorne girls. I enjoy their attitudes, even if they do come across as bullies.

"Then again, she didn’t seem to the sort to be intimidated by anything."

I believe you're missing a "be" between "to" and "the sort". Possibly?

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
The Author

heidicautrell wrote:
I'm looking forward to more Thorne girls. I enjoy their attitudes, even if they do come across as bullies.

*grins* They are bullies, so I'm glad they come across that way.

heidicautrell wrote:
"Then again, she didn’t seem to the sort to be intimidated by anything."

I believe you're missing a "be" between "to" and "the sort". Possibly?

Yes indeed! 2.5 Stamps for you!

~Lyn

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:15 pm
Beta Reader

The stereotype of high school female bullies are blonds. That's probably why the blond thing happened.

Of course, describing her as blond did help...

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:35 am