Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Addergoole Forum - View topic - Moar Wild Ones'?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Moar Wild Ones'? 
The Author

Post Moar Wild Ones'?
So, Scath & Eseme have asked for more Wild Ones, after it went on unannounced and indefinite hiatus due to lack of commentary/interest.

I've got two chapters written and will post those this weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, but after that... aside from them, is there interest? What would make the story more interesting/accessible to you? Or did the sibling/sibling thing in Chapter 4 just make it a no-go?

Inquiring minds want to know.

~Lyn

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:03 pm
Post Re: Moar Wild Ones'?
Yay! I was wondering when it would come back! Glad to see that there will be more chapters

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:55 pm
The Author

Yay! Authors live on feedback; I stopped posting in large part because no-one was replying.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:08 pm

Actually I discovered it about 1 month ago, I had missed the link to Wild One's Blood before that...

But it's true that I'm a rather lousy reader, I've been reading Addergoole for over a year now but have just created this account... Sorry :oops: ... To my defense I did make a donation a few months back at least...

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:19 pm
The Author

giom wrote:
Actually I discovered it about 1 month ago, I had missed the link to Wild One's Blood before that...

But it's true that I'm a rather lousy reader, I've been reading Addergoole for over a year now but have just created this account... Sorry :oops: ... To my defense I did make a donation a few months back at least...

Thank you! Donations help, too. :-)

~L

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:02 pm
School Staff

Readers are a quiet bunch in general, and Wild Ones' is in its infancy. These two in combination make for not many comments, especially given that the blurb is scary enough to stop some veteran Addergoolians from reading it. It's starting from scratch and therefore will get less commentary than Addergoole does.

I've had some luck getting people to click reaction buttons on my posts on "The Dragon Wars Saga" even when they won't comment. Obviously you can't use these because your sites are plain html. Something that might work in a similar manner would be to place a reaction poll at the end of each chapter. People who won't register to comment may be happy to click an option on a poll.

I'd also suggest making a seperate discussion thread for each chapter like on Addergoole - it'll make discussion easier. Anything that makes it easier for readers to express their opinion makes it more likely that they'll comment.

Also when something only updates once a fortnight it's hard to build up an audience. And more readers equals more comments.

*Looking forward to more Wild Ones'*

Becka

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Teacher

Shutsumon wrote:
I'd also suggest making a seperate discussion thread for each chapter like on Addergoole

With a link to the actual chapter in the first post, yes.

Shutsumon wrote:
Also when something only updates once a fortnight it's hard to build up an audience.

This. Anything that updates less than once a week tends to fall off my radar.

Also, I never really cared all that much about the characters in WOB, and not caring basically equals not commenting...

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:32 am
I've noticed in other webfic posts, folks who have an easy option to leave a comment at the end of the story tend to do fairly well with them.
I know it can be hard if you are getting spam or something, but there are usually ways to weed that out...
It actually took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out comments could be left on the not visible from the end of the story Forum link. It also just takes you to the Forum page, not one specifically for the Wild Ones's story or the chapter I'd just read.
Just a few thoughts for making it easier for people to comment, without having to click thru a few things [sounds silly, but ppl will comment more if they just have to click once or twice].

Mon May 02, 2011 6:45 pm
The Author

Guest wrote:
I've noticed in other webfic posts, folks who have an easy option to leave a comment at the end of the story tend to do fairly well with them.
I know it can be hard if you are getting spam or something, but there are usually ways to weed that out...
It actually took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out comments could be left on the not visible from the end of the story Forum link. It also just takes you to the Forum page, not one specifically for the Wild Ones's story or the chapter I'd just read.
Just a few thoughts for making it easier for people to comment, without having to click thru a few things [sounds silly, but ppl will comment more if they just have to click once or twice].

The problem is actually that it's written in plain HTML, not in a blogging format. <.<

But I can make the comment link easier to find.

Wed May 04, 2011 10:28 pm
Teacher

Oh, there's more of it? Great! Will read in a moment.

Actually I was thinking of asking for more WOB a while ago, but I didn't want to seem like one of those asses who read great fiction for free, contribute nothing, and complain about not getting enough updates. How funny that is, since you were actually kinda waiting for someone to do so, Lyn. So, yeah, I would like moar WOB.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:41 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next