Almost November – It’s Your Turn

October 30, 2013 by Lyn

Good gentles, you will be on your own for November, as I will be doing Nanowrimo, and thus heads-down and focusing on a world not Faerie Apocalypse.

The planned (subject to change) posting schedule looks something like this:

• December 15, 2013 – Mystery of the Missing Orders
    This Faerie Apocalypse/Addergoole story takes place in the second generation of Addergoole, after said apocalypse.  It has a dark and smokey start with a bit of a sweet finish.
  • January 15, 2014 – Edally Academy: the Angry Aetherist
    This steampunk boarding school is a far less dystopic world than Addergoole.  Follow Tairiekie and her friends as they deal with malfunctioning mechanisms, angry aetherists, and difficult teachers.
  • (Very tentative) March 15, 2012 – Inner Circle
    New Indapala has ten ringed walls, and three ways to shortcut the Ladder from the outermost gate to the inner circle.  This setting will involve (consensual) d/s, gladiators, hurt/comfort, and a double handful of other kink.

So, what to do while you’re waiting?

• Have input on my upcoming serials
  • Tell me your favorite headcanon for Addergoole.
    • What do you think your favorite character does the year after their story?
    • What about after school?
    • During the apocalypse?
    • Where’s Addergoole 50 years in the future?
    • What about the rest of the far?
  • Do Nano Yourself.  Go check it out, buddy me (aldersprig), and leave me a comment here telling me what you’re doing.

I’l see you in December!

1. Wysteria says:

Favorite Addergoole headcanon: Regine has a timeline of Addergoole events based on a network of precognitive consultants and acts based on it. “This year I change the X policy because a vision says it is the appropriate time to do so for maximum viability of the blah blah blah.”

I think you might have a bit too much faith in precognitive abilities. Seeing the future is very rarely ever an exact science. And almost never on demand.

…she said favorite headcanon, not most realistic or most likely. Nice grumbling about my own personal rambling, though, spot on. -.-

As Wyst says, this is about /favorite/. I’m not going to debunk them, and I ask that you not, either.

2. Rix Scaedu says:

One of mine isn’t Addergoole but it is Fae Apoc.

The Dragon of Melbourne finds the apocalypse distinctly inconvenient. He wants the interlopers gone and business to go back to normal: the AFL (Australian Football League) competition reinstated with its regular 30,000 spectator crowds; the Spring Racing Carnival, with the Melbourne Cup; the summer cricket test with up to five delicious days of anticipation, enthusiasm and other crowd generated emotions; and etc. Melbourne worked for him before the apocalypse without him having to lift a finger and now he wants all that back. He is, of course, prepared to fight for it, even allying with people he would have tried to kill on sight before the war.

(He has graciously accepted the position of No 1 ticket holder for the last Melbourne AFL club to win a Grand Final before the war and has promised to relinquish that post at the end of the first complete season when the competition is able to resume.)

3. DMoo says:

Jame’ coming back to Addergoole as an instructor after the big war. (While Kai is still the headmaster of Addergoole West.